These delicious bean balls are packed with protein and fiber with a delightful Italian flair.Print
Naked Recipe: Italian Bean Balls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 bean balls 1x
- 2 15-oz cans organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 organic carrot, chopped
- 1 sprig organic parsley, chopped
- 4 fresh organic basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. non-GMO miso paste
- Pinch of freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup organic ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine the beans, carrot, parsley, basil, and garlic. Mash with a potato masher (or use a food processor) until mixture is sticky and homogeneous. Add miso paste and pepper to taste.
- Pour the ground flax seed and breadcrumbs into a separate bowl.
- Shape the bean mixture into 1″ balls and dip into the flaxseed/breadcrumb mix to coat.
- Align the bean balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning once midway through, until the bean balls are nicely browned all over.
These bean balls can be enjoyed by themselves or served with your favorite dip.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, and gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.