Margarita Restrepo is the art director, founder and editor-in-chief of the award winning publication Naked Food magazine. She is the leading Naked Food Chef, author of the Naked Food eCookbook, the Wholiday Cookbook, The Wholeoween Cookbook, The Green Carpet Menus, and co-author of the Master Plants Cookbook. She is also the developer of many of naked food magazine’s recipes.
Margarita is also founder of the International Association of Reversive Medicine, and the founder of WFPB.ORG, a non-profit organization that empowers human and planetary health through a plant-based lifestyle. Margarita is the author of the evidence-based Universal Guideline for Human and Planetary Health available in over 5 different languages. She has brought the plant-based movement into the limelight in the United States, Canada, and Latin America through a stylish and practical approach to cohesive / wholistic education pioneering human and planetary health and sustainability as a whole.
After losing her boyfriend and music partner to a stage IV brain cancer (GBM) in January 2012, she felt the responsibility to help as many people as possible, including herself, to understand the importance of nutrition and lifestyle choices in the prevention and reversal of diseases. Following a whole food, plant-based diet helped decrease the growth of her boyfriend’s terminal brain cancer tumors by 25 percent in 3 months. He was given 10-30 days to live after diagnosis. She had also been diagnosed with anxiety attacks, cystic fibrosis, and a severe iodine deficiency, before following the Naked Food Diet.
I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.
– Margarita Restrepo
Naked Food Magazine was created to honor her boyfriend’s valorous and courageous experience with terminal cancer, and it is dedicated to every human and non-human life that has been lost to misguidance and unawareness. Learn more about her story and inspiration.
Margarita on the Media:
- Feature on the T. Colin Campbell’s Center For Nutrition Studies
- Feature on Forks Over Knives
- Feature on the documentary Eating You Alive
- Feature on Dr. McDougall’s Newsletter
- Interview with Love Goodly
- Interview on RadioMD – Wellness for Life Radio
- Interview with Wholevana
- The Achievable Way To Optimum Health – Interview with Howard Jacobson, Plant Yourself
- Interview with The Greens Diva’s Snow
- Interview with Dr. Suzzane’s Wellness For Life – Naked Foods and Lund Health
- Interview with The Pink Collar Business Center
- Interview with Mr. Magazine