This may be the easiest pudding you’ll ever make! Chia seeds, when combined with liquid such as water or plant milk, absorb all the moisture, creating a mixture with a pudding-like consistency. And since chia seeds are a concentrated source of omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium, what’s not to love?
Naked Chia Seed Pudding
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup chia seeds (3 ounces)
- 1/2 Tsp. finely grated organic lemon zest
- 1/8 Tbsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- Fruit of your choice, chopped
- Nuts (almonds or pecans)
- In a high-powered blender, combine the almond milk with the dates and blend until dates are dissolved. Pour into a 1-quart jar. Add the chia seeds and lemon zest to the jar, then close and shake well. Refrigerate until very thick and pudding-like, at least 4 hours or overnight, shaking or stirring occasionally. Serve the pudding in bowls and top with your favorite fruit (berries, mango, pomegranate, banana, peach) and nuts such as almonds or pecans.
Chef’s Note: The pudding can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.