All the amazing benefits of superfood kale in a rich and creamy sauce.Print
Naked Creamed Kale
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) fresh organic kale, tough ribs removed, leaves torn, washed
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 2 cups warm water
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp. organic, non-GMO white or yellow miso
- White pepper to taste
- 1–2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Bring the 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the chopped kale, return to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and let the kale cool down a bit and drain longer. Squeeze with a tea towel to remove excess moisture and place onto a chopping board. Chop finely with a knife; (do not use a food processor). Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the onion, broth, and nutmeg and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, add the cashews and a little of the water into a small food processor. Blend until smooth, adding more water until you have the desired consistency.
- When the onions are translucent add the kale, cashew cream, lemon juice, miso, pepper and nutritional yeast. Heat over a low heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.