Whether you need a quick, pretty appetizer or an easy afternoon snack, these little bites will fit the bill nicely.Print
Gourmet Bites With Creamy Kale
- Yield: 8 "towers" 1x
For the kale spread:
- ½ cup kale leaves
- 4 olives
- 5 Tbsp. raw nuts of your choice (no peanuts)
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. non-dairy milk (hemp, almond, rice, soy)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Pinch black pepper
For the towers:
- 2 organic Roma tomatoes
- 1 organic zucchini
- ½ tsp. organic garlic powder
- 20–25 organic basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium tamari
- Blend all the spread ingredients in a food processor and put aside.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and zucchini using either a mandolin or a sharp knife.
- Place about 8 zucchini slices on a flat tray or serving dish, add a couple of drops of tamari, and add a tomato slice on top of each zucchini slice.
- Next, sprinkle garlic powder, some kale spread, and then a basil leaf on top of each tomato slice. Repeat the process a few more times and top each tower with some more kale spread and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Eat raw or bake for 15 min at 400°F.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.