Got any extra pumpkins to make a savory autumn dish? This hearty meal is packed with fiber and delicious flavors, and the turmeric adds a healing, anti-inflammatory bonus. Enjoy!Print
Pumpkin Turmeric Bowl
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup of organic brown rice, quinoa, or quick-cooking bulgur, uncooked
- 6 cloves of garlic, divided
- 2 tsp. light miso (non-GMO, organic), divided
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ organic yellow, red, or green bell pepper
- 2 large organic tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup raw pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 sprigs fresh organic parsley, chopped
- Place the 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan and add the rice, quinoa or bulgur. Add 3 cloves of the garlic, 1 tsp. of the miso, turmeric, and bell pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook according to the instructions on the package of rice, quinoa, or bulgur.
- In a food processor, chop the tomatoes and the rest of the garlic. Add to a saucepan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, remaining 1 tsp. miso, and the chopped pumpkin. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 14 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Serve the rice (or quinoa or bulgur) in individual bowls.
- Add the pumpkin mixture and top with the fresh parsley.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.