A comforting and warm, as well as simple, yet flavorful recipe that is bound to become a family favorite.Print
Naked Recipe: Baked Naked Apples
Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs.
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 4 large organic apples
- 1/4 cup ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or date paste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon anisette
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine vanilla and sweetener and mix well. Mix in ginger, walnuts, cinnamon, and cloves. Let stand.
- 2. Cut apples crosswise ¼ from the top, and keep the top. Core each apple and remove the stem and seeds. Squeeze a little lemon zest in each one. If needed, trim the apple bottoms so that they sit steadily. Place the apples upright in a baking dish. Spoon the filling into hollow of each apple.
- 3. Fill the baking dish with enough water to form a 1/2-inch pool around the apples. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- 4. Transfer the apples to a serving plate. Pour the reaming liquid from the baking dish into a small saucepan. Cook over a medium-high heat until it becomes syrupy, about 15 minutes. Drizzle the date paste or syrup over the top of each apple. Top them with fresh cranberries, blueberries, or acai berries.