Ajiaco is an authentic and hearty potato-based soup from Colombia. This is the nakedly wonderful and even better version of the original.
World’s Best Ajiaco
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 Tbsp. organic white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup organic carrots, finely chopped
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 4 cups low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 lbs. organic red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 ears organic yellow corn
- 2 scallions
- ½ cup dehydrated or fresh Gallant Soldier (guascas) (optional)
- Capers to taste
- Place the gallant soldier herbs (if using) in a bowl of warm water for about an hour.
- In a large pot, place the onion, garlic, carrots, cilantro, vegetable broth, and water and bring to a boil.
- Slice each ear of corn into 4 pieces and add to the soup pot along with the sliced potatoes. Let the soup simmer, covered, over medium heat for 90 minutes until soup thickens, stirring frequently.
- Add the gallant soldier herbs (if using) and simmer for another 10 minutes over low heat. Top the ajiaco with capers, and serve with avocado, salad, and rice.
Chef’s Note: The soup should be thick. However, add extra water if too thick. If soup is not thick enough, take a few potatoes from the pot, mash them with a fork, and return to the pot.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.