Mushroom caps make the perfect little serving cups for this nutty pesto. They are so flavorful, you won't miss all the cheese and oil of traditional pesto.Print
Nutty Pesto Caps
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 12 organic mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup nut mix (pine nuts, macadamia nuts, cashews), raw
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. nama shoyu soy sauce or low-sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup almond or macadamia milk
- ground pepper to taste (optional)
- 2/3 cup prepared oil-free basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Twist off mushroom stems. Place mushroom caps, stem side up, on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix the chopped nuts, chia seeds, soy sauce and non-dairy milk in small bowl; use a food processor or stir until well blended. Add pepper to taste.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture. Top with pesto and serve immediately.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.