Nutty Pesto Caps
- 12 organic mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup nut mix (pine nuts, macadamia nuts, cashews), raw
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. nama shoyu soy sauce or low-sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup almond or macadamia milk
- ground pepper to taste (optional)
- 2/3 cup prepared oil-free basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Twist off mushroom stems. Place mushroom caps, stem side up, on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix the chopped nuts, chia seeds, soy sauce and non-dairy milk in small bowl; use a food processor or stir until well blended. Add pepper to taste.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture. Top with pesto and serve immediately.