This extraordinary method of roasting cauliflower- the entire head as a whole- will make a remarkable and memorable debut on your holiday table. Golden-brown and aromatic, this tasty roast makes a delicious entree. This wonderful recipe is featured in Naked Food's Master Plants Cookbook and was developed by Margarita Restrepo and Michele Lastella.Print
Ming’s Roasted Cauliflower
- Yield: Serves 4
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon organic, non-GMO miso paste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 3 dried prunes or dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- White and black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the leaves and stem off the bottom of the cauliflower head so that it sits flat.
- In a food processor, mix the ginger, tahini, miso paste, broth, prunes or dates, and turmeric. Using your hands, rub the mixture over the cauliflower, making sure you get it everywhere, even on the bottom.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 45 minutes, or until it is soft and brown. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and top with a sprinkle of the green onions (optional), a pinch of the ground black pepper, and sesame seeds before serving.
- Pair cauliflower with Cranberry Relish or your favorite plant-based Holiday Gravy.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.