A traditional bisque is a fat-laden concoction made with heavy cream and/or a roux. This Naked bisque is just as rich and creamy, but completely fat-free and healthful.Print
Sweet Potato Bisque
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 3 large organic sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and diced
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. organic, non-GMO light miso
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups unsweetened organic almond milk
- In a large pot, cook the potatoes for 35 minutes in 4 cups of water.
- Place the onion in a large saucepan and sauté over medium heat for 8 minutes. Add ¼ cup of the vegetable broth to keep the onion from sticking to the pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger, thyme, nutmeg, and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes, the remaining vegetable broth, and miso. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond milk. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, and season with a bit of pepper. Serve topped with a sprinkle of fresh thyme.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.