This hearty chili is robust and satiating. Keep this recipe on standby for anytime you want a warm, easy, and soothing meal.Print
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 cups organic yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups organic celery, chopped
- 1 cup organic carrots, sliced
- 1 cup organic bell pepper, chopped
- 1–2 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle powder or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups organic green lentils, rinsed
- 1 (28-oz.) can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can organic kidney beans
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté the onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic in 1 cup of the vegetable broth. Stir occasionally and cook until vegetables soften approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, ground chipotle powder, and cayenne pepper and cook for an additional minute, stirring well.
- Add the lentils, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, and remaining vegetable broth to the soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are soft, approximately 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the lentils are cooked, stir the lime zest and juice into the chili and stir. Taste and add spices according to preference.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine. Want to share your naked plant-based recipe? Submit it here.