Who said baking had to include processed flours, sugars, and oils to make a fabulous dessert? Think again! The fruits of the Earth make the most decadent and fun desserts, and best of all, they have healing properties and are packed with nutrients. Viva la Naked!Print
Loaded Baked Plantains
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 very ripe organic plantains (the blacker, the better!)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup fruit of your choice, chopped
- 1/4 cup nuts (optional)
- *Other toppings can include: Oil-free nut butter, cacao nibs, frozen berries, seeds or nuts.
- Slice the plantains open lengthwise and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until plantains are a bit melted.
- Remove from the oven. If using nut butters, spread these on the plantain first, and add the chia/plant milk mixture last, with either of these methods:
- Simple Method:
- Bake the plantains alone, following instructions above. Remove from oven, plate them on 4 serving plates, and add toppings of your choice.
- Loaded Method:
- Bake the plantains with the toppings of your choice, taking care not to burn the nuts, if using.
- Serve and enjoy!