Loaded Baked Plantains
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 very ripe organic plantains (the blacker, the better!)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup fruit of your choice, chopped
- 1/4 cup nuts (optional)
- *Other toppings can include: Oil-free nut butter, cacao nibs, frozen berries, seeds or nuts.
- Slice the plantains open lengthwise and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until plantains are a bit melted.
- Remove from the oven. If using nut butters, spread these on the plantain first, and add the chia/plant milk mixture last, with either of these methods:
- Simple Method:
- Bake the plantains alone, following instructions above. Remove from oven, plate them on 4 serving plates, and add toppings of your choice.
- Loaded Method:
- Bake the plantains with the toppings of your choice, taking care not to burn the nuts, if using.
- Serve and enjoy!