Naked Recipe: Caramelized Pears
The warm, mellow sweetness of these caramelized pears is balanced nicely by the mildly peppery arugula bed upon which they lie.
Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 5 Tbsp. organic 100% pure maple syrup or date paste
- 2 medium organic Bosc pears, cored and cut into slices (about 12)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 6 sprouted grain English muffins (we use Ezekiel brand)
- 1 handful Arugula (about 1 cup)
- In medium pan add the water, cinnamon, cloves and 5 Tbsp. of maple syrup or date paste and simmer, covered, over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced pears and cook, covered, for another 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is caramelized and pears just being to release their juices.
- In the meantime, toast the muffin slices and distribute in serving dish. Place arugula on top of each slice.
- Chop walnuts on food processor and set aside.
- Add pears and top with chopped walnuts. Distribute left over juice on top for additional flavor.
The walnuts can be served chopped whole for the topping, if desired.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine.
Want to share your plant-based recipe? Submit it here.
July 15, 2014
I see a lot of interesting articles on your page. Thanks for the fantastic information. Been plant-strong for 3 years now!