Ditch the oily supermarket pre-made hummus and make this easy Naked version. Sweet potatoes give it a boost of flavor and beta carotene as well as adding a holiday flair.Print
Sweet Potato Hummus
- Yield: 3-4 cups 1x
- 2 organic large sweet potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 cup or 1 BPA-free can organic chickpeas, cooked
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Place the potatoes and the water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; then blend in a food processor until pureed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serve as a side dish, or as a dip accompanied with raw vegetables.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.