Not only is this gravy plant-based, but we take the Naked up a notch by the absence of margarine and flour, which are used in many vegan gravy recipes. Simmering this gravy slowly until it reduces volume is the trick to making it the perfect consistency for complementing your holiday dishes.Print
- Yield: About 2 cups 1x
- 1 cup organic mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup organic red onion, finely chopped
- 2 organic garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium tamari
- 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Pepper to taste
- Slice a couple of the mushrooms in thin slices and set apart. In a food processor, chop the rest of the mushrooms, onion, and garlic together.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the mushroom mixture with ¼ cup of the vegetable broth for about 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth, the sliced mushrooms, the tamari, oregano, pepper, and bay leaves, and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer to reduce the mixture until gravy reaches your desired thickness. Remove the bay leaves and serve immediately.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine. Want to share your naked plant-based recipe? Submit it here.