- 1 cup organic mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup organic red onion, finely chopped
- 2 organic garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium tamari
- 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Pepper to taste
- Slice a couple of the mushrooms in thin slices and set apart. In a food processor, chop the rest of the mushrooms, onion, and garlic together.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the mushroom mixture with ¼ cup of the vegetable broth for about 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth, the sliced mushrooms, the tamari, oregano, pepper, and bay leaves, and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer to reduce the mixture until gravy reaches your desired thickness. Remove the bay leaves and serve immediately.