With summer squash, tomatoes, and fresh dill, you'll get a taste of summer in every bite.Print
Naked Recipe: Zucchini + Brown Rice Summer Tapas
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 organic zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups organic low-sodium vegetable broth or filtered water, divided
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. organic, non-GMO miso paste or shoyu
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup organic carrots, shredded
- 1 organic tomato, sliced
- 1 sprig organic dill, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix the zucchini slices with 1 cup of the vegetable broth. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- In medium pan, sauté the onion, miso paste or shoyu, garlic, and 3 tablespoons of the vegetable broth or filtered water for 5 minutes. Add the brown rice and stir. Add the remaining 2 cups of vegetable broth and 1 cup of filtered water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and cook, covered, for 35 minutes. Add the carrots to the rice and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place the sliced zucchini on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Add a bit of the rice mixture to each zucchini slice and top with tomato and dill. Serve.
Carrot-rice mix can be replaced with any other gluten-free grain or seed, such as quinoa, millet, or buckwheat.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine.
Want to share your plant-based recipe? Submit it here.