Traditional French Toast is usually fat-laden with with eggs, cream, milk, and butter. It’s also made with sugar and white flour! This naked version is made with real whole foods, fat- sugar- and salt-free, and still youngster approved! Recipe developed for children and by children featuring Shayla, our 12-year old Naked Food Chef.Print
Apple French Toast Bake
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- 12 slices whole grain bread cubed
- 2 apples chopped
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup date paste or date syrup
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Place parchment paper on a 9×13 square pan and set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chickpea flour, date paste/syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and optional flax seed. Set aside.
- 4. Place the cubed bread in the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the chopped apples over the bread and pour the almond milk mixture over the top.
- 5. Bake french toast for 30 minutes or until top is golden and crunchy.