Traditional French Toast is usually fat-laden with with eggs, cream, milk, and butter. It’s also made with sugar and white flour! This naked version is made with real whole foods, fat- sugar- and salt-free, and still youngster approved! Recipe developed for children and by children featuring Shayla, our 12-year old Naked Food Chef.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place parchment paper on a 9x13 square pan and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chickpea flour, date paste/syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and optional flax seed. Set aside.
4. Place the cubed bread in the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the chopped apples over the bread and pour the almond milk mixture over the top.
5. Bake french toast for 30 minutes or until top is golden and crunchy.