Ditch processed flours, sugars, and fats! These fabulous plant-powered treats are flavorful healing bites that everyone will love.Print
5-Minute Black Bean Brownies
These are a fudgy-kind of brownies that can satisfy any sweet tooth. Packed with the fiber, iron and nutritional goodness of beans, healthy omega-3, and the antioxidant profile of fruits, these are an absolute and yummy no-brainer.
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- 1 1/2 cup organic black beans, cooked and rinsed
- 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted*
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1 organic kiwi with skin (or your favorite fresh fruit such as banana, pineapple, or berries)
- 1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except topping ingredients (kiwi, almonds, chia) and pulse for 10-15 seconds or until well-combined. A sticky and chucky mixture should form.
- Transfer mixture into a small ceramic, glass, or silicone baking dish and divide into 6 or more servings.
- Top with sliced kiwi, sliced almonds, chia seeds, and/or other fresh fruit. Voila! Store brownies covered in the refrigerator for about a week.
Use ½ cup of dates instead, if desired, for sweeter brownies.