This yummy casserole is a perfect dish for any occasion. Quick, delicious, easy, and full of magnificent plant-based flavors and healing properties. Enjoy!Print
Winter Quinoa Bake
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 3 flax “eggs” (3 teaspoons of ground flax seeds and 9 teaspoons of water)
- 1 handful fresh organic spinach, washed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium size organic white onion
- 11/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons quinoa flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic, non-GMO miso paste
- 1 tablespoon of shoyu or tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder or 1-inch long piece fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed bay leaves
- A sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- In a food processor, blend the ground flax seeds with the water for about 10 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Pour into a separate small bowl and set aside.
- Pat the spinach dry as much as possible, removing all moisture. Transfer to a food processor along with the onion and chop until minced.
- In a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients (except for the nutritional yeast). Stir well. Add the flax mixture and the spinach-onion mixture and stir together until well-mixed.
- Transfer mixture into a medium-sized silicone or non-stick baking dish. Sprinkle with the nutritional yeast and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is crispy.