This is a delicious, easy and extra quick solution for a raw gourmet salad filled with hundreds of phyto-nutrients.
- 2 organic oranges
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- Seeds of your choice (We used hemp. You may use chia, sunflower, or flax)
- 2 cups of chopped leafy greens (Your choice of spinach, kale, bok choy, swiss chard, or a mix)
- 4 organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. of maple syrup
1. Cut through the orange in half. Cut orange navels so the orange half will stand flat. Remove the orange pulp as well as some of the white inner-skin. Set it apart. Don’t throw the white skin away – there are a lot of phyto-nutrients in it.
2. Blend the orange and white skin together and add a bit of maple syrup. This will become your salad dressing.
3. Cut the avocado in halves and then quarters. Place each quarter in the empty orange shell.
4. With the help of a chef’s knife or a food processor, chop the leafy greens and cabbage finely. Mix in the orange and honey dressing, and stuff the orange shell with the mix.
5. Add the seeds and a tomato on top, as well as some cabbage for color contrast.
Recipe type: Naked | Plant-based | Vegan | Vegetarian
Approved for: Diabetes | Cancer | Heart Disease | High Cholesterol | Weight Loss
Allergens: Soy Free | Gluten Free | Wheat Free | Corn Free | Dairy & Lactose Free | Nut Free | Corn Free | Egg Free
Recipe Servings: 4
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine.
Want to share your plant-based recipe? Submit it here.