This is a wonderful, light, and flavorful alternative to traditional sour cream made with cashews and ready in no time.Print
Naked Sour Cream
This is a wonderful, light, and flavorful alternative to traditional sour cream made with cashews and ready in no time.
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) raw cashews, soaked
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) filtered water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. tahini
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. white miso
- Soak cashews overnight in a bowl of filtered water for at about 6-8 hours. Alternatively, pour boiling water over the cashews and soak for 1 hour. Rinse and drain.
- Transfer to a food processor or high-powered blender. Add water, lemon, tahini, vinegar, and miso. Blend on high until creamy. If using a blender, add bits of water to help it going as it may get stuck. That’s it! Serve with your favorite recipe and enjoy.
Chef’s Note: The cream will keep in the fridge for 6 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Save in small containers for small easy-to-use portions.
Keywords: sour cream, cashews, cream, vegan