Naked Recipe: Mushroom Bisque
This delicious savory soup gets its thick creaminess from non-dairy milk and the surprise addition of rolled oats.
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- ¼ cup organic onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves organic garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium organic mushroom or vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme (or 1/2 tsp. fresh)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup organic mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. shoyu or tamari
- 1/2 tsp. salt-free seasoning
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Chives or scallions for garnish, finely chopped
- Water (as needed)
- In a large pan, steam-fry the onion and garlic over medium heat until soft but not browned, adding very small amounts of water as needed to prevent sticking and burning. Add the broth, almond milk, bay leaf, and thyme. In a food processor, chop the rolled oats and add to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, chop the mushrooms in a food processor and steam-fry in a large skillet over high heat. Keep a few complete mushroom slices for garnish, if desired. Add very small amounts of water as needed to prevent sticking and burning. Cook until mushrooms release and reabsorb their liquid and add to the soup pot. Add the soy sauce, seasoning, and black pepper. Simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve. Top with chopped chives or scallions and mushroom slices as garnish.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine.
Want to share your plant-based recipe? Submit it here.