With autumnal flavors as well as colors, this soup will put you in the mood for fall and prepare your immune system for the coming winter. With three nutritional powerhouses as the base ingredients: kale, carrot, and turmeric, this soup has not only vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but boasts anti-inflammatory properties as well.Print
Kale, Carrot & Turmeric Bisque
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium, vegetable broth or filtered water
- 4 organic carrots
- 1 handful organic kale or spinach leaves, washed and
- 6 fresh sprigs of cilantro
- 1 organic sweet potato, boiled or baked
- 1 1/3 cup non-dairy milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. non-GMO miso paste
- Pinch ground pepper
- 1 stalk organic celery (optional)
- In a large pot, sauté the onion in the vegetable broth for 6-8 minutes.
- In a food processor chop the carrots as finely as possible and add to the pot with just 1/3 cup of the non-dairy milk for a few minutes so the carrots absorb some of the onion flavor.
- Mash the sweet potato thoroughly with a fork, or blend in food processor and add to the pot.
- Chop kale or spinach and add to the pot as well as the rest of the ingredients, including the last 1 cup of non-dairy milk. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro leaves and/or chopped celery.
Recipe Type: Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Approved for: Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Free of: Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine. Want to share your naked plant-based recipe? Submit it here.