Kale, Carrot & Turmeric Bisque
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium, vegetable broth or filtered water
- 4 organic carrots
- 1 handful organic kale or spinach leaves, washed and
- 6 fresh sprigs of cilantro
- 1 organic sweet potato, boiled or baked
- 1 1/3 cup non-dairy milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. non-GMO miso paste
- Pinch ground pepper
- 1 stalk organic celery (optional)
- In a large pot, sauté the onion in the vegetable broth for 6-8 minutes.
- In a food processor chop the carrots as finely as possible and add to the pot with just 1/3 cup of the non-dairy milk for a few minutes so the carrots absorb some of the onion flavor.
- Mash the sweet potato thoroughly with a fork, or blend in food processor and add to the pot.
- Chop kale or spinach and add to the pot as well as the rest of the ingredients, including the last 1 cup of non-dairy milk. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro leaves and/or chopped celery.