No holiday feast is complete without the ubiquitous bowl of savory stuffing (or “dressing” if you’re from the southern U.S.) You can still enjoy this holiday staple with this entirely plant-based recipe.Print
Holiday Stuffing a la Naked
Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- 1/2 loaf of sprouted grain bread, defrosted
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning or salt-free seasoning
- 3 tbsp. fresh or 1 tbsp. dried parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh or 1 tbsp. dried rosemary, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh or 1 tbsp. dried thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh or ¼ tbsp. dried sage, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped organic onion
- 1/2 cup chopped organic celery (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cooked or 1 PBA-free can organic chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. shoyu, tamari, or liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- Ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the thawed sprouted bread into cubes and place in a silicone baking dish. (Oil is not necessary if using a silicone dish). Stir in the seasoning, herbs, nutritional yeast, onion, celery, and nuts. Mash the chickpeas with a fork and add to the dish. Mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the vegetable broth, shoyu, pepper and pink salt. Whisk and pour it over all the ingredients, stirring to moisten completely. Add additional vegetable broth if the stuffing seems too dry and stir again.
- Cover with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer and serve.