Replace the usual bland, boring holiday potatoes with this Creole-inspired recipe. Zesty and fragrant, it’s destined to become a new holiday tradition.Print
Holiday Potatoes a la Criolla
Replace the usual bland, boring holiday potatoes with this Creole-inspired recipe. Zesty and fragrant, it’s destined to become a new holiday tradition.
- Yield: 4-8 servings 1x
- 10–12 medium organic potatoes such as Melody, Doré, Duke, or York
- 1 large organic onion, diced
- 1 cup mixed herbs including parsley, cilantro, basil, and thyme, chopped (plus some for garnish)
- Filtered water as needed for sautéing
- 1 sprig of fresh organic rosemary
- 6–8 organic tomatoes such as Roma or San Marzano
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot until tender.
- Place the onion and the mixed herbs in a large saucepan with ¼ cup of filtered water. Sauté over medium heat for about 12 minutes until vegetables are fragrant. Add extra teaspoons of water as needed to avoid burning. Puree the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Add the tomatoes to the onion-herb mixture in the saucepan. Add the potatoes and oregano. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat. Add the nutritional yeast, pepper, and garnish with extra herbs. Serve and enjoy!
February 17, 2022
I wonder if you steam the potatoes in an instapot if it would cut down on some prep time and still taste as well?
March 24, 2022
Yes, absolutely. Cook the potatoes according to the time recommendation for your instapot and simply follow the steps for the criolla sauce.