Naked Recipe: Almond Hemp Wraps
This clever appetizer uses thinly-sliced eggplant for the wrappers. With the addition of garlic, tomato, parsley, and spices, these wraps have a decidedly Italian flair.
Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 wraps 1x
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (or plain filtered water)
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 organic tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 sprigs Italian parsley, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 lime
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the garlic in the vegetable broth for 4 minutes. Add the eggplant slices and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, or until eggplant is lightly cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomatoes, hemp seeds, almonds, parsley, and turmeric. Squeeze lime juice into the mix and stir.
- Spread the eggplant slices flat. Add some tomato mixture to each slice and roll into cone-shaped wraps, making sure only one end of the wrap is closed.
- Sprinkle remaining tomato mix on top as well and serve.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine.
Want to share your plant-based recipe? Submit it here.