Decorate your table with this wonderful oil-free recipe for Hasselback potatoes.Print
Holiday Hasselback Potatoes
Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs
- Yield: 5 Servings 1x
- 5 Russet or Yukon gold organic potatoes with skin, scrubbed, and patted dry
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 6 sprigs thyme or rosemary
- Sprinkle of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. of salt-free seasoning
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 stems of chives, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack in the lower-middle position.
- Slice ?-inch slits in the potatoes, stopping just before cutting all the way through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato.
- Place a slice of garlic in every other slit in the potatoes. Tuck a thyme or rosemary leaf or two into the other slits. Placing the rosemary and garlic in between the slices separates the potato slices and reduces cooking time.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray with a silicone mat. Sprinkle with turmeric, salt-free seasoning, and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn the baking tray around and bake for another 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy on the edges and fork tender. Garnish with fresh chives, rosemary, & thyme.
Larger potatoes may take longer.