This seasonal salad is both savory and sweet, and bursting with autumnal color. It will make a beautiful presentation on your holiday table.Print
Holiday Squash & Berry Salad
Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 4 large medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. shoyu, tamari or liquid aminos
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 4 cups winter squash or pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. salt-free seasoning
- 1 head organic purple lettuce
- 1 organic orange, cut in half
- 1 cup organic berries of your choice, washed (such as blueberries, blackberries, or mulberries)
- Ground pepper to taste
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, blend the dates, shoyu (or tamari or liquid aminos), turmeric, and 1/4 cup filtered water for about 10 seconds or until liquid. Transfer the date liquid to a mixing bowl. Add the raw squash cubes and stir well.
- Spread the date-coated squash onto a baking tray lined with a silicone sheet. The silicone sheet will prevent the food from sticking to any surface without the need to use oil. Sprinkle with the salt-free seasoning and bake for about 35 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Wash the lettuce and remove each leaf carefully. Place a few leaves onto four individual serving dishes, allowing the leaves to go beyond the edges of the plates. Sprinkle with a few drops of orange juice (removing any seeds that may fall down on each plate).
- Divide the baked squash among the four dishes, on top of the lettuce leaves, and then add equal amounts of fresh berries and grapes to each dish. Add a sprinkle of ground pepper (optional) and a few whole or chopped mint leaves for garnish.