Nothing quite evokes the image of the holidays like the colors red and green. These artful, tasty “mini trees” of beets and avocado cream are like a Christmas present on your plate.Print
Beet and Bean Mini Holiday Trees
Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- 4 organic beets
- 2 avocados, ripened
- 1 cup white beans or 1 BPA-free can organic, non-GMO white beans
- 1 handful organic fresh arugula, washed
- 2 Tbsp. shoyu, tamari, or liquid aminos
- 1 organic lemon
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Peel the beets and remove the stems and buds. Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice the beets with a mandolin on the ¼-inch setting.
- Place 8 of the largest beet slices on a flat surface.
- Slice open the avocados and remove the seeds. Add the pulp to a food processor with the beans, arugula, shoyu, and the juice of half of the lemon. Blend until the mixture is creamy and homogeneous.
- Transfer the avocado cream into a silicone pastry bag* equipped with a star tip. Cover the surface of each of the eight beet slices, creating a round spiral circumference with the cream.
- Now choose 8 smaller-size beet slices and place them on top of each of the newly made towers. Add another layer of the avocado cream. Continue the process, choosing smaller beet slices for each layer to form the mini trees. Continue until all slices are used. Top the trees with a dot of the avocado cream.
- Sprinkle the trees with a splash of lemon and a dash of pepper and pink salt. Carefully transfer the trees to individual serving dishes or to a large flat tray. Enjoy immediately.
If a pastry bag is not available, simply use a round spoon to carefully transfer the mixture into your beet trees
December 21, 2017
Just a question, is that raw beet?
For the Christmas tree
December 21, 2017
Yes, that’s raw beet. :)