Try these tasty-yet-healthful cookies, they will win lots of smiles from everyone around you!Print
Santa’s Fabulous Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by the Naked Food Chefs
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 2 cups almond flour or milled almonds
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup nuts such as (almonds, pecans, brazil or pine nuts)
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. flax seeds or milled flax
- 9 tsp. filtered water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a food processor, combine the nuts, dates, and vanilla and pulse for about 6-8 seconds or until nuts become small pieces. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Lastly, process the flax seeds alone until milled. Add the 9 teaspoons of water and blend again. Let the flax and water mixture sit for a few minutes until it thickens and then transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix all the ingredients together until homogeneous.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a silicone baking tray or cover a baking tray with a silicone mat to bake the cookies. It is not necessary to add oil.
- With wet hands, scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and form it into a ball with your hands. Flatten the ball down to a cookie shape and place it on the baking tray. Scoop another tablespoon of cookie dough and repeat the process with the rest of the mixture, making 12 balls total. Bake for 20 minutes, let cool, and enjoy!
December 12, 2019
Will traditional baking pans work in place of silicon?
January 10, 2020
Yes, the problem is the that the toxins that a baking dish may contain such as anti-adherents, aluminum, copper, or iron become neurotoxins. We recommend silicone, glass, stainless steel, titanium, or ceramic bakeware dishes which won’t leech into your food.
December 4, 2018
Can I leave out the flax seeds? I’m assuming they are for the health benefits!
December 4, 2018
Yes, you can, they help with binding the mixture but you can try without. :)