Traditional stuffing gets the naked treatment by sautéing the vegetables in water instead of oil and moistening the bread with vegetable broth instead of melted butter.
Fabulous Mushroom Stuffing
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- ¼ cup water
- 1 organic large onion, chopped
- 1–2 ribs organic celery, chopped
- 8 oz. button or cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh bay leaf, chopped or 1 tsp. dried bay
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped or 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. shoyu
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 cups gluten-free sprouted bread, cut into cubes
- 4–5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion and celery in the water until softened but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and let cook until softened and lightly brown, about 6 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic and seasonings.
- Add the parsley and bread cubes to skillet. Mix well.
- Moisten the cubes with the vegetable broth until the mix is soft but not wet. Remove the bay leaf and let the mixture cool.
- Transfer the stuffing to a large silicone casserole dish or a glass or ceramic dish that has been brushed with cooking spray.
- Bake until the stuffing is set and crisp, about 15 minutes. Turn the casserole dish around and cook for 5 more minutes until evenly crisp.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.