It’s that time of year! Jump on the pumpkin spice bandwagon by making these hearty treats. They are great for breakfast on-the-go or for when you need a quick snack to tide you over.
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- ½ cup nondairy milk
- 1 – 15 oz. non-BPA can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup date paste (see below)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup raisins
Making the date paste:
- Soak 2 cups of pitted dates in 1 cup of liquid (water, unsweetened non-dairy milk, or unsweetened juice) overnight or for several hours until much of the liquid is absorbed. In a food processor, process the dates and liquid until completely smooth. Store remaining date paste in the refrigerator and use for desserts or as sweetener for other recipes.
Making the muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, process the bananas and nondairy milk until smooth. Add the pumpkin, date paste, flax seeds, spice, and vanilla. Continue processing until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the oats and raisins. Spoon equal amounts of batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners or silicone baking cups. You need to fill each muffin liner with about ½ cup of batter as these do not rise. An ice cream scoop works well. Bake 45 minutes.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.