Naked Recipe: Raw Beet + Apple Tree
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 organic green apples
- 2 organic red beets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. date paste (blended dates) or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw nuts, such as pine nuts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds or almonds***
- 1 sprig of fresh cilantro
- Pinch of salt-free seasoning
- Using a mandolin or slicer, cut the apples into 1/4″ slices. Set aside.
- Wash the beets gently and peel the skin. Slice the beet into slices of 1/4 inch or less and keep separate from the apple slices. See note*. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the beets and onto the apples, still keeping them both separate.
- Begin assembling the trees onto four individual plates by placing the four largest beet slices first. Wash your hands. See note**. Add the largest slices of apples on top of each beet slice. Repeat the process, alternating beet and apple, adding the slices from large to small.
- Chop the cilantro and add it to the plates. Add maple syrup on top, and sprinkle a small amount of raw pine nuts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds or almonds. Serve immediately.
* Wear an apron when chopping beets, and wash your board and hands right away to avoid red fingerprints everywhere. If your knife skills aren’t up to speed yet, buy one of those matchstick peelers or matchstick mandolins.
** To remove beet juice from fingers, rub with wet salt and lemon juice and then wash with soap and water.
*** For heart disease patients skip the nuts and use seeds only.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Non-GMO, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.
For more delicious naked recipes, visit the Naked Kitchen at Naked Food Magazine.
Want to share your plant-based recipe? Submit it here.