There’s nothing like warm, spicy apple cider on a crisp autumn or winter day. This naked version serves it up in edible apple cups.
Naked & Festive Apple Cider
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 4 large organic apples
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 3 Ceylon cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 organic orange (both juice and peel)
- 4 cups apple cider
- 3/4 cup spiced rum (use more or less, as desired)
- ½ tsp. rum extract
- Cut the apples in half crosswise and scoop most of the pulp, leaving a thick wall. Make sure apple halves stand straight. If not, slice off a little bit of the rounded ends.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon sticks, and star anise to a large saucepan over medium heat. Lightly toast the spices in the pan for 1 minute.
- Add the orange juice and apple cider, and simmer for 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the spiced rum and the rum extract.
- Ladle the cider into the apple halves and garnish with cinnamon or a strip of orange peel, if desired. To keep warm, the cider can stay on very low heat until serving.
Naked! Low fat, Whole Food, Plant-based, Vegan, Organic, Sustainable.
Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weigh Loss, Athletics, Optimum Health.
Animals, Eggs, Dairy & Lactose, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Peanuts, Gluten, Wheat, GMOs, Alcohol, Chemicals, Colorants Additives.
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, and plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.