Yield: 5 servings. Recipe developed by the Naked Food Chefs.
- 5 small pumpkins
- 2 cup uncooked red quinoa
- 3 ½ cups organic low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 organic red kale leaves, chopped finely
- 1 handful organic spinach, chopped finely
- 10 fresh organic tarragon leaves, chopped finely
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄3 organic red onion
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. coconut flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut the pumpkin top and place both pieces (cut side down) on a cookie sheet. Bake for 30–35 minutes until fork-tender. Meanwhile, combine quinoa, vegetable broth, garlic, and onion in a pot. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to low. Cook for 15 minutes, or until liquid evaporates. If quinoa is
not fluffy after 15 minutes, add more vegetable broth and cook longer.
2. After quinoa is done, stir in spinach, kale, tarragon, cranberries, nuts and a dash of pink Himalayan salt if desired. Cover and set aside, away from heat.
3. Once pumpkin is done, flip it over and scoop out seedy matter. Spoon quinoa mixture into the pumpkins and serve warm. Top with chia seeds and coconut flakes.
Recipe type: Naked | Plant-based | Vegan | Vegetarian
Approved for: Diabetes | Cancer | Heart Disease | High Cholesterol | Weight Loss
Allergens: Soy Free | Gluten Free | Wheat Free | Corn Free | Dairy & Lactose Free | GMO Free
This recipe holds the Naked Food Seal of Approval, as it has been prepared with all organic, (GMO & Chemical free) plant-based ingredients. The Naked Food Seal of Approval stands for 100% Real Food.