Songwriter/Producer Margarita Restrepo is the art director, founder, and editor-in-chief of Naked Food Magazine. She is the leading Naked Food Chef, author of the Naked Food eCookbook, co-Author of the upcoming Master Plants Cookbook, and the developer of many of the naked food recipes. She is certified in plant-based nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Center of Nutrition Studies and Cornell University, and holds a double major degree in Graphic Arts and Marketing from Florida Atlantic University.
She is an advocate for educating the world about a sustainable, healthy, enlightened, and kinder way of living through a non-toxic and simple lifestyle medicine. After losing her boyfriend and music partner to a stage IV brain cancer (GBM) in January 2012, she felt the responsibility to help as many people as possible, including herself, to understand the importance of nutrition in the development or reversal of diseases. Following a plant-based diet helped decrease the size of her boyfriend’s terminal tumors by 25 percent in 3 months. He was given 10-30 days to live after diagnosis. She had also been diagnosed with anxiety attacks, cystic fibrosis, and a severe iodine deficiency, before following the Naked Food Diet.
I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.
– Margarita Restrepo
Naked Food Magazine was created to honor her boyfriend’s valorous and courageous experience with terminal cancer, as well as to honor everyone who has passed from this disease. Learn more about her story and inspiration.
Margarita on the Media:
- Feature on the T. Colin Campbell’s Center For Nutrition Studies
- Feature on Forks Over Knives
- Feature on the documentary Eating You Alive
- Feature on Dr. McDougall’s Newsletter
- Interview with Love Goodly
- Interview on RadioMD – Wellness for Life Radio
- Interview with Wholevana
- The Achievable Way To Optimum Health – Interview with Howard Jacobson, Plant Yourself
- Interview with The Greens Diva’s Snow
- Interview with Dr. Suzzane’s Wellness For Life – Naked Foods and Lund Health
- Interview with The Pink Collar Business Center
- Interview with Mr. Magazine