1/2 cup jicama, peeled or 1/2 cup organic, non-GMO firm tofu
1 large or 2 medium size organic carrots
3–4 medium size organic beets, peeled
3 Tbsp. tamari
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
Juice of half a lemon
A few sprigs of fresh parsley
Sprinkle of black pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a medium pot, fill with water ?to cover, and boil for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are soft but not broken up. Drain the water and set potatoes aside on a cutting board. Slice the potatoes in half then small dice. Place the diced potatoes in a large mixing ?bowl and set aside.
2. Dice the jicama and add to the mixing bowl.
3. Chop off the stem end of the carrot and dice the carrot as small as possible. Add to the mixing bowl.
4. Rinse the beets and peel carefully under water. Pat ?dry with a paper towel. Dice 1 of the beets as small as ?possible and add to the mixing bowl. Add the tamari, oregano, and lemon and blend carefully.
5. Using a mandolin, slice the remaining beets on the smallest width and set aside.
6. Select the largest beet slices and place them on a serving dish, forming a circle. Place a few spoonfuls of the salad mixture in the center of the circle to create the first inner layer of the salad. Add a second layer of smaller sized beet slices forming a smaller circle, creating a sort of a rose pattern. Refer to the recipe photo for guidance. Add the second layer of the salad mixture in the center of the ?dish again and another layer of smaller sized beet slices forming a smaller circle until the dish is complete. Enjoy!