This appetizer’s smoky, rich flavors are the perfect complement to toast or crackers, or as a dip for chips. Serve at a social event, business meeting, snack for a sporting event, or as the start to an intimate dinner party.Print
Eggplant and Walnut appetizer
This appetizer’s smoky, rich flavors are the perfect complement to toast or crackers, or as a dip for chips. Serve at a social event, business meeting, snack for a sporting event, or as the start to an intimate dinner party.
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Diet: Vegan
INGREDIENTS (ORGANIC, NON-GMO)
- 1 Eggplant with skin
- 4 Tomatoes with skin
- 2 Tbsp. Walnuts chopped, plus a few left whole for garnish
- 3 Garlic cloves with skin
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame seeds roasted, plus 1 tsp. for garnish
- ¼ cup Chives finely chopped for garnish
- Pepper, a pinch of ground, to taste
- Chili pepper, a pinch of ground, to taste
- ¼ cup Olives of choice, pitted and chopped for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Basil finely chopped
- In a fry pan, place eggplants, tomatoes, and garlic. Turn burner on medium-high and wait until the peelings blacken. Let cool and remove the peelings. (Add the peelings to your compost.)
- Finely chop the eggplant, tomato, and garlic and place in a medium-size bowl. (Approximately 1 cup eggplant, 1 cup tomato, 1 teaspoon garlic)
- Add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, and mix. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- If you do not have nuts, you can substitute this ingredient with waterless Olives or fresh or dried Basil.
- Garnish with your choice of chives, olives, walnuts, and/or toasted sesame seeds. Serve with nachos, tortillas, tacos, corn patties (pictured), cooked potatoes, or toasted whole wheat bread. Let your imagination go wild!
April 17, 2022
Yummy recipe..Thank you for sharing such delicious recipe.