Butternut Squash Soup with Cashew Cream
For the Soup:
- 2 cups filtered water (add more or less for desired thickness)
- 2 stalks celery cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning blend
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. yellow miso
- 1 large avocado
- 1 whole red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 whole fresh sage leaves (or 1 tsp. dried ground sage)
For the Cream:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. light miso
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- Place all soup ingredients except the red pepper and sage leaves in a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the red bell pepper and lightly blend until bell pepper is combined. Do not over-blend; you want small pieces of the beautiful bell pepper throughout your soup. Transfer to a tureen or large bowl. Wash blender container.
- To make the cashew cream:
- Add all ingredients for the cashew cream to the blender and blend until smooth.
- To assemble:
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Top with a teaspoon of cashew cream and one sage leaf.