- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 ripe pears, finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or other sweetener, or to taste
Combine cranberries, juice concentrate, pears, apple, cinnamon, and orange peel in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue cooking, uncovered, until cranberry skins pop and mixture is thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Add sugar or other sweetener to taste. Serve hot or cold. Makes 8 servings.
Source: Food for Life by Neal Barnard, M.D. Recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D.
For more delicious naked recipes, download our Thanksgiving issue now.
Want to share your plant-based recipe? Submit it here.